Chicago hosts a number of fashion and beauty events this month. Get your stylish self out there to enjoy!
- Get a taste of Chicago’s designers on the runway at Chicago Women’s Wear Fashion Runway Show hosted by FashionBar. Benefiting the Inspired Youth Tutoring Program, the runway show will feature items from the designers’ fall/winter 2014 lines. The event takes place at the Drake Hotel’s Palm Court (140 E. Walton) on Thursday, February 13 from 6:30 – 10 p.m. Tickets available for $20 – 50, buy yours to claim your swag bag today!
- Starting your own fashion business or blog? Get some advice on how to fund your business in the Dabble class “Creative Ways to Finance Your Fashion Business.” Image consultant Nancy Plummer hosts the class, walking you through how to set fees, build sponsorships and make a profit. Held at the Harold Washington Library (400 S. State) from 6 – 8 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, tickets $25
- Beautify yourself in Dabble’s Curling Iron Class on Thursday, February 20 from 7 – 8 p.m. For $20, hairstylist Lynnea D. will show you the tricks of the trade and the best ways to curl your hair using products and a curling iron. This hands-on class will be supplemented by a lipstick lesson as well. Held at Goldplaited (2803 N. Sheffield)
- Save the date for March 12 – J. Gordon Designs (2326 N. Clark) in Lincoln Park hosts the next session of their fantastic blow dry boot camps. Having previously attended this course, I can say it’s well worth going to learn how to tame your tresses with a blow dryer for a sleek look. The cost (usually $35) will be earned back in products from the salon. Request stylist Lauren and you will be blessed with blow dry skills for life
- Shop all things monogrammed at All She Wrote (825 W. Armitage). Style yourself with a python leather clutch available in 8 colors, and of course personalization is an option. Browse their personalized stationery, gifts and more, and you might even be lucky enough to come across their “Monograms and Mimosas” events on an upcoming weekend
Out around town? Taking advantage of the events I post about? Share your photos with us on Instagram! Follow us @thechicagolifestyle