Is there anything better than a summer night in Chicago? This year, celebrate family, friends, and warmth at Ravinia! Chicagoans are a short train ride away from all that Ravinia has to offer; music performances, dining options, and large, grassy lawns. Known to be surrounded by trees, Ravinia is a little escape from the downtown skyscrapers to beautiful mother nature.
Starting on June 13th, the festival’s summer lineup features everything from country music to metal, bringing in music favorites from all genres. This year, Chicagoans will have the chance to see big stars such as Sheryl Crow, Amos Lee + David Grey, Steve Miller Band, OAR, Aretha Franklin, and Alan Jackson. Ravinia also hosts kid’s concerts and events; this year’s lineup brings symphonic performers to compose music from Tim Burton films and Disney’s Fantasia, as well as the acrobatic group Golden Dragon Acrobats from China.
Tickets for performances range from $10 to $75 based on the venue chosen and who is performing. Ravinia has 5 different venues; two indoor stages, a pavilion, a terrace, and a lawn. The indoor stages and pavilion are for more traditional concerts with assigned seats, while the terrace provides reserved tables that allow eating and drinking during the show. Lastly, the lawn is for those who want to throw down a blanket, relax in the grass, and listen to the music.
There are countless options for dining at Ravinia. With four restaurants, an ice cream shop, and refreshment carts floating around, you’ll never be hungry. Looking to save a few dollars? Ravinia encourages picnics on the lawn! If you don’t want to pack meals for you and your friends, Picnic Box, a service provided by Ravinia, will pack one for you to pick up before show time. Alcohol is allowed at all venues, whether concertgoers bring their own drinks or enjoy the fully-stocked bars, making Ravinia the perfect place for social gatherings.
No matter what age, you’re sure to have a good time. Bring your family and friends to a concert this summer at Ravinia and enjoy the great music, the warm weather, and some fun!
For more about the Ravinia and to see performance schedules, please visit www.ravinia.org.
See below for detailed instructions on buying tickets (from Ravinia). Tickets go on sale Tuesday, April 28 at 5 a.m. Central Time.
For security purposes, anyone who intends to purchase tickets must change his or her password before Ravinia puts more than 100 summer concerts on sale, beginning at 5 a.m. on April 28. Those who do not already have a myRavinia account are advised to create an account now. Ravinia also advises patrons to verify their personal information, including mailing address and phone number, once they log on.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO BUYING TICKETS
Ravinia manages its own box office, so make sure you are at www.ravinia.org. Ravinia cannot vouch for any secondary-market sellers. One $7 service fee will be added to each order (not to each ticket). Ravinia anticipates the heaviest traffic between 5 and 10 a.m. If there is a wait, please do not log in with multiple devices, as it could cause further delays.
- Click Login at the top of the home page and log in to your account with your myRavinia e-mail address and password.
- From the calendar, navigate to the first concert for which you wish to buy tickets. Click on the calendar box to view the performance information. Click “Learn More” to see the concert page and available ticket options. Click on the relevant “BUY NOW” button and specify how many tickets you want to buy. You may purchase up to a maximum of 10 tickets per concert, per order. Remember, everyone needs a ticket, regardless of age.
- Repeat the previous step for each concert for which you wish to buy tickets.
- Select Print@Home tickets or choose to have paper tickets mailed to you.
- Complete and pay for your order. You will receive a detailed order confirmation by e-mail.